Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Movie Review #1: The Shawshank Redemption

Hello everybody, my name is Jeremy Lien and I'm currently a sophomore here at the University of Arizona. As a student in the Film and Television Arts Major, I have always possessed a keen passion towards cinema. Films are a means of artistic expression that surpasses aesthetics of conventional forms of art. Although this is my first attempt at creating an online blog, I will try to include as much information while at same time continue to be entertaining. I really like the idea of using a blog for this class because it allows me to share film recommendations with others, as well as receive feedback or recommendations from others. The first movie I'd like to discuss is The Shawshank Redemption which was released in 1994. Director Frank Darabont does a masterful job of developing characters on the movie-screen to the point where we as the audience sympathize for them. The film's story revolves around two prisoners played by Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman. As the story progresses, we witness extreme depictions of brutality as well as examples of people abusing their power in order to keep prisoners in jail. Without spoiling anything, to sum everything up, the film is essentially a tale of true friendship and perseverance. I would definitely recommend this film to anybody who appreciates excellent story-telling or cinema. It's currently rated #1 on IMDB's "Top 250" list. Well, this basically wraps up my first blog, if you've seen this movie or have any other films you'd want me to review, Go ahead and leave a comment. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment